Registration for the Sandcastle Competition takes place on the day of the competition from 8:30am-9:30am.
To make the competition fair and fierce there are a range of categories to enter:
- Family Teams (Up to 4 Adults and 4 Children per team)
- Corporate Challenge (Up to 6 Adults)
- Sonwabile (Sponsored Teams – 6 per team plus 2 adult supervisors, who might not build)
- Inter-School Challenge (6 Children per team)
- Virtual entry
- Professionals (Professional Sculptures – 6 per team)
HOW TO ENTER
- Register on the day (Saturday 29 October, 2022) on the Chapman’s Peak side of Hout Bay Beach
- Registration is at 8:30 am – 9:30am.
- Pay with cash or Snapscan
- Take your flag and mark your site
- Start building at 10:00am. Building ends at 12:00pm
- Relax, eat and drink while the judges make their decision
- Enjoy the prize-giving and raffle draw between 13:15 pm and 2:30 pm
- Take your children, belongings and litter home with you!
- Leave only your sandy masterpiece and footprints for all to enjoy
Adults R 60 each
Children R 30 each
Corporate Team R 1500 per team (maximum 6 adults per team)
Brand a plot R 1500 (4x4m)
Sonwabile Team R 2000 per team (maximum 8 children or 6 adults per team)
Inter-School Challenge R 300 per team (maximum 8 children per team)
Professionals R 50 per adult (maximum 6 adults per team)
You can pay NOW via SNAPSCAN using your name as your reference and email us your proof of payment to:email@example.com
- Originality of concept out of 10
- Artistic execution out of 10
- Technical difficulty out of 10
- Carving technique out of 10
- Use of space out of 10
The highest total mark out of 50 in each category will decide the winners & runners up!
The Judges decision is final.
- Corporate teams may have a max of 6 team members.
- Family teams may consist of no more than 2 adults and 4 children
- Inter-School teams may only have max 6 children per team
- Professionals max 6 per team
- Teams will register and be given a numbered, colour coded flag and wristband
- Teams may start building at 10h00 and must finish by 12h00
- Only items found in nature (on the beach) may be used as part of the materials and décor of the sandcastle
- Builders may bring buckets, spades, water sprays to assist with building
- Upon completion, each team must plant their flag on top of their castle and stay with the castle until it has been judged
- Judging of completed castles from 12h00
- Judging must be completed by 13h00
- Virtual entries to be submitted by the Friday before the event
- Virtual entries will be judged on the event day
- Prize giving will take place approximately 13h15
- Judges will affix a sticker to the flag of each castle once it has been judged