Valley Pre-Primary is an independent school, registered by the Education Department. We offer an up-to-date school readiness programme, which also incorporates some ideas of Rudolph Steiner and Maria Montessori. Teachers are highly qualified and brings a variety of specialised qualifications to supplement the programme. They are supported by teaching assistants. The Governing Body (elected annually) liaises with its staff, parents and community to manage and administer the school. We aim to achieve excellence in education. Valley also offers an excellent aftercare facility. The programme is run by an experienced teacher and teaching assistants.
We offer classrooms for age groups from 18 months to 6 years. Learners start off at Little Valley at 18 months to three years and then move on to Valley Pre Primary. Valley Pre-Primary offers RRR (3 turning 4 years), RR (4 turning 5 years) and R (5 turning 6 years) classes. Here we provided the perfect grounding for young learners as they prepare for the step-up to Grade 1. It is also the official feeder school for the renowned KRONENDAL PRIMARY SCHOOL.
Learners are encouraged to
- develop self-motivation, self-confidence and positive self esteem
- develop acceptable social skills
- learn self-discipline & a sense of responsibility
- acknowledge & take pride in performance
- solve own problems creatively & make own decisions
Our philosophy is
- based upon positivity
- to educate children toward independence, self-sufficiency and maturity
- to build children’s belief in themselves by encouraging them to make their own decisions and by teaching them to solve their own problems creatively
- to recognise children as individuals with differing needs and capabilities
- to develop a curriculum that reflects the specific needs of the individual
- to develop an interest in learning in our children
- not only to educate children for the time they are with us – but to educate them for life!
Our classrooms are well resourced and teaching methods embrace both traditional and modern technology. Each classroom has the following learning areas: Science, nature, mathematics, reading, art, fantasy, construction, educational games and micro activities.
The weekly themes, i.e. environmental, interest and scientific tables that are chosen at the beginning of each term are based upon all the cognitive sub-skills the child will need to develop general knowledge, language, mathematics and life skills. The content of the themes is based upon each individual child’s (and group’s) interest, need and ability. The child is given responsible tasks to carry out in the classroom, all designed to lead him to independence and maturity.
These are the building blocks upon which their futures depend with emphasis on emotional security: It is important to note that a child’s emotional intelligence is equally as important as his intellectual intelligence. If your child does not feel emotionally secure, it is unlikely that he will reach his/her full potential.
How do we nurture each child’s emotional needs?
Through building/maturing their
- Self-confidence – The child is self-assured, spontaneous, can handle unfamiliar situations, express his own opinion, can act in front of others, defend his point of view, has a good self-image and appears happy and relaxed.
- Independence – The child works and acts independently, accepts responsibility, handles problem situations, makes decisions and shows initiative.
- Self-control – The child shows will-power, accepts authority, is able to control feelings, is patient and forgiving, is self-disciplined, has a sense of humour and can concentrate for a reasonable period of time. The emotional/social development of a child is a fragile and intricate process.
Valley has a wonderful eco-friendly adventure playground with trees, swings, ropes, balancing and climbing apparatus, jungle gyms, bikes, trikes and go-carts, as well as a boat. The garden is the centre of the child’s outdoor education, which is as vital as all the learning, which takes place indoors.
Application & Information Forms
To apply at Valley Pre-Primary School, please download an application form here, then print, complete and email to email@example.com
- Application for Admission (PDF) // Application for Admission (ONLINE)
- Policy for Admission to Valley Pre Primary
- Application for ADHOC Admission to School
- Fee Schedule
- Rainbow Club Aftercare Application
Valley Pre-Primary hosts an Open Day during the first quarter of every year, so please contact the school if you would like to receive an invitation to this Open Day. If you have already missed the Open Day, you may make an appointment to take a tour of the school at a time that suits you.
Please contact: Catherine on +27 (0)21 790 1540