Grab your buckets and spades and head to Hout Bay beach on Saturday, 29 October, 2022 for an action-packed morning filled with sunshine, sandcastles, entertainment and delicious eats and drinks.
Building castles is the order of the day but there are loads of other activities to keep the whole family entertained all morning.
- Dance performers and live music
- Food and drinks stalls to satisfy your every craving
- Celebrity judges to make the difficult decisions
- A DJ and MC to keep you entertained and informed
- Amazing prizes (Weekends Away, Dinner Vouchers, Beauty Products, Toys and other Goodies) are awarded to winners in each category as selected by celebrity judges.
Members of the public that would like to support the event but prefer not to compete, can buy raffle tickets, support the food and drink stalls and cheer the contestants on.
It’s a perfect way to celebrate family, community and the beauty of Cape Town’s beaches. The date is chosen to coincide with low tide so there will be loads of space for builders and people watchers.
One hundred percent of funds raised from the Sandcastle Competition are used to provide educational bursaries to enable children from our less privileged communities to attend Valley Pre-Primary and to fund therapeutic interventions such as language enrichment, play therapy, occupational therapy or physiotherapy, when required, to assist their learning.
Register on the day on the Chapman’s Peak side of Hout Bay beach 8:30am – 9:30am.